With an optimal setting for the Windows 10 swap file, you can trim Windows 10 for performance. Netzwelt shows what you have to consider.
- Typical scenarios
- Optimally set Windows 10 swap file
Windows 10 outsources rarely used areas of the main memory to the paging file pagefile.sys and creates space for system components and active processes with this virtual memory.
Depending on the equipment and performance of your computer, you can specifically optimize the settings for the swap file. Because by default, Windows 10 uses an automatism that is geared more towards stability than performance.
For a fast SSD with a lot of space, other settings are recommended, for example, as for an old and slow system hard drive.
And if you have installed several hard drives in your computer, you can distribute several swap files used by Windows 10 according to their speed.
If your computer has a lot of fast RAM that you rarely use to full capacity, you can completely deactivate the swap file. If the memory is running out during operation, Windows 10 will show you a corresponding warning message.
Deactivating the swap file is also recommended if your hard drive is very slow compared to the rest of the system components.
Speed up PC
With various programs, tips and tricks you can accelerate your PC and make Windows 10 faster. We’ll tell you what you have to do on this topic page.
However , if you have installed a fast SSD , you should activate the swap file for it. If there are several SSDs installed, it makes sense to distribute the virtual memory over the individual SSDs.
You should replace the automatic size management for swap files provided by Windows 10 with a fixed default. Because the otherwise required enlargement of the swap file during operation is a brake on performance. A good target size is the size of the built-in main memory, given the available hard disk space.
Computers with small SSDs with a size of 128 gigabytes are a special case. Since a fixed swap file occupies valuable storage space, you should either deactivate it there completely or, if necessary, preset it with a small initial size.
The following steps show you how to make the appropriate settings.
Optimally set Windows 10 swap file
1. Enter “Show advanced system settings” in the Windows 10 search and open the search hit of the same name.
2. In the then displayed system properties click on “Settings” above.
3. Then select “Change” under “Virtual memory”.
4. In order to be able to adjust the settings for the swap file, remove the check mark next to “Manage file size for all drives automatically”.
5. In the drive list you can select one of the available drives directly below and set a swap file there. By default, Windows 10 only uses a swap file on the system hard drive.
fertility clinic Houston
This is lucky88 for you.